Table of Contents
Boss Birthday Bash: Celebrate Good Times, Come On!
Guys! Boss Dog® Brand is excited to share some great news! We are coming up on our two year anni-fur-sary! Can you believe it!? We’ve obtained 40,000 points of distribution since we got our first distribution in January 2019, all thanks to your support. We started out in late 2018 with a passion for creating wholesome foods made from the best ingredients.
We wanted to create complete meal systems that are free from corn, soy, wheat, are gluten-free, non GMO, and contain no artificial ingredients or preservatives. We also wanted to ensure your pup could enjoy great tasting food while maintaining a healthy digestive system. The growth our company has experienced over the past two years is proof that we have done just that, and it’s all thanks to YOU!
Birthdays are a big deal – even to our dogs! If you’ve explored any of our Boss Dog Recipes, you understand how easy (and FUN!) trying out new recipes can be. Just as you would celebrate a holiday, personal achievement, or birthday through delicious baked goods, you can take those skills and apply them to your pup with our new Boss Birthday Cake recipe! Why not kick it up a notch with a little more pup and circumstance and throw a Boss Birthday Bash!?
We understand baking can be a bit intimidating, especially when it comes to baking something for our pets. There is a lot to consider, especially when it comes to finding tasty, yet healthy digestive solutions for your pet. Rest assured, we’ve done the heavy-lifting for you. Our products are packed with nutritional benefits for your dog, giving you some peace of mind as you celebrate your pet in STYLE! Using our Boss Dog® Brand Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt and our Boss Dog® Brand Raw Goat Milk, you can whip up an adorable birthday cake for your BFF in no time.
Now you may be asking yourself, why on earth would someone make a four layer cake for their dog? Our response: Why wouldn’t you!? Boss Dog challenged our test kitchen experts to come up with an original idea for a cake for dogs. We may have gone a little overboard, but we’re a little “extra” when it comes to our dogs (hee hee).
Boss Birthday Cake
- Makes: 4 mini cake layers to form one cake -OR- 4 mini cakes
- Prep Time: 12+ hours (including overnight refrigeration)
- Cook Time: 20 – 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ½ teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggsz*
- ½ cup Boss Dog® Brand Raw Goat Milk*
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 container Boss Dog® Brand Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt*
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- Coconut frosting (recipe below)
Note: * Room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spray four 4” mini cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon to measure oat flour and add to a medium bowl with the baking powder and baking soda. Whisk together to combine, and set bowl aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix eggs, Boss Dog® Brand Raw Goat Milk, honey, Boss Dog® Brand Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt, and peanut butter on low speed until well incorporated.
- Gradually add flour mixture, ½ cup at a time until no dry flour remains.
- Pour batter evenly into pans until about ¾ full to allow for rising.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and top springs back.
- Allow cakes to cool in pans for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- When completely cool, level cakes with a long serrated knife, and wrap each layer in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to assemble or freeze in an airtight container for up to one month.
- When ready, pipe frosting in between cake layers. Use a spatula to spread extra frosting on the outer layer. Design as you wish!
Whipped Coconut Frosting
- Without shaking, place cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- The next day, carefully open cans and spoon the cream on top into the bowl of a stand mixer. Take care to avoid the liquid beneath, and if desired, save liquid in an airtight container for later use.
- With the whisk attachment, beat cream on HIGH until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to LOW and add sweet potato powder (use 1 tablespoon for lighter color, and 2 tablespoons for a darker color).
- Beat on LOW until powder is just combined, then beat on HIGH speed until soft peaks are formed. Use immediately to frost cake or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. This will prevent certain ingredients from getting lumpy and clumpy. Eww, no one wants that! In order for it to emulsify and blend together nice and creamy, room temperature is the way to go!
Scout is so excited for his Boss Birthday Bash, he couldn’t wait for the other party guests to arrive. Boss Dog® Brand Freeze Dried Raw Diet and Boss Propuffs® makes a great a-paw-tizer for any celebration!
Don't Be Afraid
Don’t be afraid to take whisks! If you ever have any questions or concerns, just remember that Boss Dog provides great tasting probiotic food for dogs that will aid in helping your dog’s digestion. Check out our Boss Dog FAQ page or dive in to some of our previous Boss Dog Recipes for more information. And hey…we have a special treat for you that you can use at your next Boss Birthday Bash! Check out our free downloadable coloring page HERE.