When you think about a simple morning inside your home around the Holiday’s, what are a few words that come to mind? For us, we think of cozy, warm, restful, and intimate. These precious Winter moments are accompanied by time spent with friends and family and often center around a delicious meal.
Holiday quiche looks different for every quiche-crafter, but we’re here to throw another wrinkle in the status quo. No longer is the warm, decadent, flaky entrée just for us humans, our pets deserve the opportunity to indulge too!
Our Boss Dog® Brand Heartwarming Holiday Quiche is sure to make your VIP (Very Important Pet) feel part of the Holiday festivities this year.
I can picture it now, sitting down for brunch on a Saturday morning with my pup, my family, and friends. And for the first time ever, quiche will be served to not only us humans, but our pets too.
In any quiche, the crust can make or break the recipe. In our rendition, combine 3/4 cup of crushed up Boss Dog® Freeze Dried Fish Recipe into a flour-like consistency. Then mix this with 2 eggs and 1 Tbsp. of water. Now that’s a crust I can get on board with: grain free, soy free, corn free, wheat & gluten free, and millions of live and active cultures (probiotics)! For the filling, mix 1 egg with 1/2 cup cheese, 2 tsp. Turmeric and 2 Tbsp. water.
What is the big deal with eggs and are they healthy for my VIP (Very Important Pet)? No doubt! Eggs are a wonderful source of very digestible protein to help your pet stay healthy and strong, riboflavin to help facilitate enzyme function and selenium to maintain normal functioning of the immune system and thyroid gland.
Simple, yet so nutrient dense and we wouldn’t want it any other way!
So take a load off, let yourself have that cozy December morning. Just make sure the humans aren’t the only ones enjoying a holiday quiche!
Treat Your Pet, Like a Boss™
Heartwarming Holiday Quiche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Serving Yield: ~ 20 Individual Paw Treats
- 3/4 cup Boss Dog® Freeze Dried Fish Recipe
- 2 egg
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Cheese
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 TBSP Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush up ¾ BOSS DOG™ Freeze Dried Raw Fish into a flour like consistency
- Mix with 2 eggs and 1 TBSP water
- Scoop ~1 tsp of mixture into bottom of each paw cavity
- In separate bowl mix up filling ingredients
- Scoop 1 tsp of filling ingredients over the “crust”
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool and then serve your pet their very own Quiche!
- Storage Tip: Store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Consume within 5 days
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Serve to pet within 7 days
Safe Handling Tips:
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling any treats with Raw ingredients